Try This Double Decker Tricolour Sandwich On R-Day
New Delhi: Every day is a great day to celebrate being an Indian, but Republic Day is a great day to share that pride with everyone. This tricolour sandwich is to celebrate the orange, white, and green — colours of India. Do try this simple and healthy tricolour sandwich and get yourself in a patriotic mood.
DOUBLE DECKER TRICOLOUR SANDWICH
Preparation time: 10 mins |Cooking time: 10 mins |Serves: 2
2 potatoes, boiled
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp green chutney
Salt and Black pepper to taste
6 slices of white bread
- Peel and cut the carrots into tiny cubes.
- In a bowl, mix the carrots with mayonnaise and a little salt and pepper seasoning. Keep aside.
- In another bowl, grate the boiled and peeled potatoes. Add in the green chutney and mix well.
- Take one slice of bread. Add the first green layer of potatoes mixed with green chutney.
- Top with another bread. Add the second orange layer of carrots and mayo.
- Top with the third bread. Cut into triangles and repeat with the second set of bread slices.
if you are making these for children’s lunch boxes then you can indulge in a cheese slice in the middle of the sandwich. In this sandwich the second white bread make the layer for white colour, instead, you can use a layer of grated cheese or paneer too.