Here’s the Guguni recipe for your Dahi Bara Aloo Dum
Dahi Bara and Aloo Dum – A famous street food of Odisha. Every Odiya kid is accustomed to it as some fancy chats and eats it on a frequent basis.
Here’s the recipe for Guguni:
- Dried YellowAloo/White peas – 1 cup ( soaked overnight)
- Onion – 1 no Medium ( finely chopped)
- Tomatoes – 1 small ( finely chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Green chillies- 2 no ( finely chopped)
- Red chilli pd – 1 tsp
- Coriander pd – 2 tsp
- Turmeric pd – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin pd – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – few finely chopped
- Baking soda – a pinch ( optional)
- Bay leaves – 1 no
- Cloves – 2 no
- Cardamom ( whole) – 2 no
- Cinnamon – 1 inch size
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Pressure cook the soaked peas with some salt and baking pd for 1-2 whistles depending on your pressure cooker but not more that 2.
- In a pan heat oil add cloves,bay leaves, cardamom, cinnamon. Add onion and saute them well until translucent.
- Add Ginger garlic paste, Green chilli paste and saute till the raw smell goes off.
- Add the tomatoes and cook they till they are mushy.
- Add allspice pd’s and saute them well till you can smell the nice aroma of the sauteed spice.
- Add the pressure cooked peas , also add salt and Mix them well.
- Add some water to dilute the gravy and let it boil for 10 -15 minutes.