Saudi Arabia Suspends Entry From UAE, Vietnam, Ethiopia Over COVID-19
Riyadh: Entry for citizens of the United Arab Emirates, Ethiopia, and Vietnam to Saudi Arabia has been suspended amid the spread of the coronavirus and its strains in these countries.
Saudi citizens are allowed to visit these countries only after getting a permit from the kingdom’s authorities, said reports.
The ban goes into effect on July 4 and will apply to anyone who has been in those four countries within the last 14 days, it said. Saudi citizens returning before Sunday will be exempted.
The World Health Organization declared the COVID-19 outbreak a pandemic on March 11, 2020.
More than 183.01 million people have been infected with the coronavirus worldwide, with over 3.96 million fatalities, according to Johns Hopkins University.
Saudi Arabia has confirmed more than 490,000 COVID-19 cases so far, with over 7,800 fatalities.