Make Delicious Chicken Korma
New Delhi: Chicken Korma is a delicious recipe that is originated in the subcontinent during the Mughal Era and later became immensely popular across the world. Let’s check out the ingredients for the recipe.
Ingredients of Chicken Korma
- 1/2 Kg chicken
- 1 cup oil
- 2-3 tsp ghee
- 8-10 Cardamoms
- 6-7 Cloves
- 2 tbsp garlic
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp chili to taste salt
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 onions (fried, puree this with the yogurt), sliced1 tsp garam masala
- Few strands of saffron (mixed in 3 tsp of water)
- for garnishing coriander leaves, chopped
How to Make Chicken Korma
1. Heat the vegetable oil into the pan, then put a dollop of ghee.
2. Put cardamom, cloves, garlic and fry the mix properly.
3. Then add the chicken and let it cook for about 2-3 minutes.
4. Keep stirring it.
5. Once it becomes brown, add coriander and chili powder.
6. Add salt to taste.
7. Add ginger paste, a mixture of fried onions, and yogurt, let it cook for a minute.
8. Then put garam masala and saffron for flavor.
9. If the gravy is too thick add a little bit of water before covering it. The masala should fuse well with the chicken.
10. Cover it and give it some time to cook on a slow fire. Let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
11. Keep stirring occasionally.
12. Serve hot, garnished with coriander leaves.