New Delhi: Orange Shrikhand is very creamy, fluffy, lightly sweet with hints of saffron and cardamom.Orange Shrikhand pairs so perfectly with hot puris.
- 64 oz. full-fat plain yogurt
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- Pinch of saffron
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 2 orange, juiced
- 2 oranges, chopped into bite-size pieces
- In a large bowl place a strainer/ colander over it, lay a muslin or cheesecloth on it.
- Add yogurt and sour cream to the cheesecloth. Bring together the cheesecloth and tie it together so all the whey can seep out. Leave like that overnight.
- Squeeze out the access liquid and add the hung yogurt to your stand mixer.
- Mix everything well, then add sugar and mix on medium speed until it’s creamy, this will take about 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly add in orange juice, mix for about 1 minute. Then add in cardamom powder, saffron, and orange zest. Mix for another 2-3 minutes on medium speed. It should be creamy and fluffy.
- Fold in chopped oranges, chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours and enjoy!!