New Delhi: Besides observing a fast during the nine-day, people prepare a variety of food and it is no less than a feast. This Dry peanut chutney goes perfectly well with almost anything.
- 1 cup peanut
- 1 tsp cold pressed sesame oil
- 1 tsp cumin (jeera)
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida (heeng)
- 1 tsp jaggery
- Rock salt as per taste
- Dry roast peanuts and cool them
- Coarsely grind and keep them aside
- Heat oil in a deep pan, add cumin, asafoetida followed by roasted and ground peanuts, red chilli powder, and salt
- Mix it well and let it cool
- Store in an airtight container.