New Delhi: Aloo ki Kadhi is a curry made with potatoes, chillies and singhare ka atta. A great recipe for the Navratri fasts. Let’s take a look at the recipe.
Ingredients of Aloo ki Kadhi
- 1/2 Kg Potatoes (peeled& mashed smooth), boiled
- 2 tsp Rock salt
- 1/4 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/2 cup Singhare ka atta
- For deep-frying Oil
- 1/2 cup Sour yogurt
- 1 sprig Curry leaf
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 Whole red chillies
- 1 tbsp Ginger, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 4 cups Water
- For garnishing Coriander leaves
How to Make Aloo ki Kadhi
1. Mix the potatoes, 1/2 teaspoon salt, chilli powder and singhare ka atta into a thick batter.
2. Put aside 1/4 of the mixture and the rest will be made into pakoris.
3. Heat oil till a drop of batter dropped in comes up at once.
4. Drop spoonfuls into oil, lower the flame and fry to a golden colour.
5. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep it aside.
6. Add the yogurt to the remaining mixture, make a smooth paste and mix in water.
7. In a heavy-based pan, reheat 2 tbsp of the same oil, and add curry leaves, cumin seeds and whole red chillies.
8. When slightly darkened, add ginger and sauté a little.
9. Add the yogurt mixture, salt and coriander powder and bring to a boil and then simmer over low flame till it thickens a bit; stirring frequently to avoid scorching.
10. Add the pakoris, simmer a couple of minutes more and serve hot, garnished with coriander leaves.