Bhubaneswar: In order to contain the spread of Coronavirus infection, the Odisha Government on Tuesday extended the ongoing COVID-19 lockdown in the state till 5 AM of June 1st. Besides, the weekend shutdowns will also continue to be in effect.
The Office of the Special Relief Commissioner (SRC), Odisha, has issued strict guidelines imposing restrictions on certain activities.
Following are the activities to remain prohibited during the lockdown period:
- Buses for public transport and intra-State movement of individuals by road, except for medical reasons or for other permitted activities.
- All educational, training, coaching institutions, etc. except as allowed by Government. However, physical conduct of examinations by state, national, international bodies shall be allowed on a case to case basis by the respective Departments with due intimation to all concerned authorities.
- Exhibitions, Trade Fairs, Melas, physical Business to Business meetings are prohibited. However, such activities may be taken up in virtual mode.
- Taxis, including auto-rickshaws and cycle rickshaws, and services of cab aggregators, except as specified in subsequent paragraphs.
- All cinema halls, malls, market complexes, gymnasiums, sports complexes, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, parks, bars and auditoriums, assembly halls, Merry-go-round (Doli)/Lockdown extension Meena bazaar, and related activities and similar places will remain closed.
- Jatra, opera, open-air theatres will not be allowed to operate.
- All salons, barbershops, spas, beauty parlours etc. will remain shut.
- All social, political, sports, entertainment, academic, cultural, religious functions, other gatherings are prohibited.
- All religious places, places of worship will remain closed for the public. However religious rituals will be allowed with bare minimum priests, servitors, and staff. But, religious congregations are strictly prohibited.
- Not more than 25 persons will be allowed to participate in marriages, with prior approval from local authorities. In the case of Thread Ceremony, Bratopanayan, funerals and last rites, not more than 20persons including hosts, guests, priests, catering and other support staff will be allowed to participate with strict adherence to COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Thread ceremony, Bratopanayana and related rituals would be celebrated only in the family with no outside guests.
- In the case of all these functions, no community feast should be organised nor any food shall be served in the venue. Only food packets will be allowed for the guests.
- Besides, indoor and outdoor film shooting, TV serial-related shooting will remain prohibited.