Sheer Khurma (also known as Sheer Khorma) is a rich, decadent, traditional dessert of vermicelli pudding made during the festive occasion of Eid al-Fitr.
Servings – 4
- 1 liter Condensed milk
- 1 liter Full fat milk
- 7-8 quarts Dates, seedless and chopped
- 3-4 quarts Green cardamoms, crushed
- ½ cups Sugar
- ¼ cups Ghee
- 2 tablespoons Chironji
- ¼ cups Golden raisins
- 7-8 quarts Pistachios, sliced
- 7-8 quarts Almonds, sliced
- 7-8 quarts Cashews, chopped
- 1 cup whole wheat vermicelli (seviyan), crushed
- ¼ cups Dessicated coconut
- Chopped nuts
- Add water in a pressure cooker and immerse a tin of condensed milk in it.
- Cover and cook for 2 whistles on medium flame.
- Meanwhile, heat milk in a deep-bottomed heavy kadhai. Add dates and cook till it begins to change its color and reduces.
- Add in crushed cardamom pods, allow to cook on simmer for 3-4 minutes and add in sugar, stir until the sugar begins to melt in.
- Add the cooked condensed milk, mix well and cook till the milk begins to thicken.
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in another pan, add in chironji and roast till fragrant.
- Add in raisins, pistachios, almonds and cashews. Roast till they begin to turn slightly brown.
- Add in the seviyan and begin to roast till they turn brown.
- Add in dessicated coconut and roast till fragrant.
- Add in the seviyan and dry fruit mixture to the milk, mix well and cook till it comes to boil and thickens.
- Garnish with dry fruits and saffron, serve hot.