The Cockroach Janta Party (CJP) on Wednesday alleged that the Centre has not yet provided a written assurance on its reported commitment to withdraw FIRs filed against student protesters and prevent future legal action against those who participated in demonstrations over the NEET paper leak issue. The party warned that it could resume nationwide protests if the government fails to honour what it described as its earlier promises.
CJP chief spokesperson Saurav Das said government representatives invited him for a meeting on Tuesday evening, where officials referred to the Supreme Court’s recent interim order concerning the investigation into FIRs registered during the nationwide student protests. According to Das, the government cited Direction No. 4 of the apex court’s order and maintained that the issue had become sub judice, making the written assurance sought by the CJP difficult to provide.
Speaking to ANI after the meeting, Das said he directly asked government representatives whether they would issue a written guarantee confirming the withdrawal of FIRs and protection against future legal action. He claimed that no response had been received despite an earlier deadline set for Tuesday.
The CJP maintains that the assurances given during discussions with the government extended beyond Delhi and were expected to apply to BJP-ruled and NDA-governed states as well. Das alleged that the absence of a written commitment amounts to a serious breach of trust with students who participated in the protests.
Warning of further agitation, Das said the organisation would not accept any decision that contradicts the assurances it claims were made during negotiations. He cautioned that if the government fails to fulfil its commitments, the CJP will launch another large-scale peaceful protest in Delhi and across several states.
The remarks come a day after the Supreme Court allowed authorities to continue investigating FIRs linked to the recent student protests while directing that no coercive action be taken against minors and eligible protesters without criminal antecedents. The court also ordered the preservation of digital evidence and indicated that allegations of police excesses and violence require an independent probe.
Reacting to the Supreme Court’s interim directions, Das said the conditions permitting continued investigations were not acceptable to the CJP. In a post on X, he urged that the judiciary should not be “politicised” and argued that the government’s interpretation of the court’s order should not be used to target peaceful protesters.
According to Das, if authorities believe individuals with criminal records participated in the demonstrations, police should pursue legal remedies related to those specific cases rather than using the ongoing investigations to take action against genuine student protesters.
The latest statement continues the CJP’s recent campaign demanding the immediate withdrawal of all FIRs registered during the nationwide demonstrations. Earlier this week, party spokesperson Ashutosh Ranka also warned that the organisation would resume protests if cases against students were not withdrawn and those detained were not released.
CJP founder Abhijeet Dipke has similarly cautioned that the party is prepared to organise another nationwide peaceful movement if, according to the organisation, students continue to face legal action or alleged harassment by authorities.























