• About us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Contact
Thursday, August 20, 2026
Pragativadi I Latest Odisha News in English I Breaking News
  • EPAPER
  • Odisha
  • Twin City
  • Politics
  • National
  • World
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Tech
  • E-Library
  • Quiz
No Result
View All Result
  • EPAPER
  • Odisha
  • Twin City
  • Politics
  • National
  • World
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
  • Tech
  • E-Library
  • Quiz
No Result
View All Result
Pragativadi I Latest Odisha News in English I Breaking News
No Result
View All Result

“Sikhs Can Never Go Against the Nation”: Diljit Dosanjh Breaks Silence on Sardaarji 3 Row, Pahalgam Attack & India-Pak Match

Ananya Pattnaik by Ananya Pattnaik
September 25, 2025
in Entertainment, Trending Now
Reading Time: 3 mins read
0 0
0
Diljit Dosanjh
53
VIEWS

Singer-actor Diljit Dosanjh has finally broken his silence on the controversy surrounding his film Sardaarji 3, the Pahalgam terror attack, and the India-Pakistan Asia Cup clash.


Speaking at a live concert in Kuala Lumpur, the actor addressed the criticism he faced for casting Pakistani actor Hania Aamir and explained why he chose to stay silent for months despite mounting pressure and media scrutiny.

Saluting the Tricolour: “Woh Mere Desh Da Jhanda Hai”

In a viral clip from his concert, Diljit was seen saluting the Indian national flag and telling fans:

“Woh mere desh da jhanda hai (That’s my country’s flag). Always respect.”

He then sought permission from the audience before speaking about the controversy, emphasizing that Sikhs and Punjabis could never go against the country.

Clarification on Sardaarji 3 and Timeline of Events

Diljit clarified that his film Sardaarji 3 was shot much before the tragic events in Pahalgam.

“When my film was shot in February, matches were being played. The Pahalgam attack happened later,” he said, adding that critics had wrongly linked the film’s casting choice to current tensions.

The film, which starred Hania Aamir alongside Neeru Bajwa, Gulshan Grover, and Sapna Pabbi, was released overseas on June 27 but was not screened in India due to the backlash.

Condemning the Pahalgam Attack & Calling for Justice

Expressing grief over the April 22 Pahalgam terror attack that claimed 26 lives, mostly tourists, Diljit said:

“We have always prayed that the terrorists should receive strict punishment.”

He highlighted that while the attack happened after filming, his prayers for the victims have remained constant since the incident.

Criticism of Media Narrative

Diljit also took a dig at the media, accusing them of portraying him as “anti-national.”

“The national media tried their best to portray me as anti-national, but Punjabis and Sikhs could never go against the nation,” he stated.

Reason Behind His Silence

Addressing why he had refrained from commenting until now, the singer said:

“I have many answers, but I kept quiet, kept everything inside me. Whoever tells you anything, you shouldn’t take that poison inside you. I have learned that from life.”

He added that there was more he could say but preferred to move forward rather than escalate matters.

India-Pakistan Asia Cup Match: “Cricket Carries Pressure”

Diljit also commented on the recent India-Pakistan Asia Cup match on September 14, India’s first meeting with Pakistan since the Pahalgam attack. India secured a seven-wicket win under Suryakumar Yadav’s captaincy.

“It was a high-pressure game, but India played with full dominance,” he said, praising the team for keeping their composure despite public emotions running high.

Background: Sardaarji 3 Controversy and FWICE’s Reaction

Earlier this year, the Federation of Western India Cine Employees (FWICE) had called for Diljit to be blacklisted from the Indian film industry and even sought cancellation of his citizenship over the film’s casting of a Pakistani actor. The order was later revoked.

Diljit has since completed filming for Border 2, an upcoming war drama directed by Anurag Singh, starring Sunny Deol, Varun Dhawan, and Ahan Shetty, scheduled for release on January 23, 2026.

Tags: Diljit Dosanjhentertainment newsIndia vs Pakistan Asia Cup 2025latest newsPahalgam attack
Previous Post

Woman Critical in Bear Attack in Nuapada

Next Post

Odisha Unveils “Kalinga Herbs” to Boost Herbal Economy

Ananya Pattnaik

Ananya Pattnaik

Related Posts

Odisha NEP‑2020 MDC SEC VAC directive
Education

Odisha Colleges Directed to Offer MDC, SEC & VAC Under NEP‑2020

August 20, 2026
Sabalenka Stunned by Bejlek
Sports

Sabalenka Stunned by Bejlek at Cincinnati Masters; Czech Star Reaches First WTA 1000 Quarterfinal

August 20, 2026
Odisha Water Resources Department review meeting
Odisha

Odisha Water Resources Dept Holds High‑Level Review Meeting; Focus on Timely Execution and Fund Efficiency

August 20, 2026
Next Post
Kalinga Herbs Odisha Vision Plan

Odisha Unveils “Kalinga Herbs” to Boost Herbal Economy

PM Modi

PM Modi Inaugurates Sunstream’s 140 MWp Solar Project in Maharashtra

India ISSF Junior World Cup 2025

India Dominates Day One at ISSF Junior World Cup 2025

Follow Us

  • 118k Followers

Recommended

Odisha Japan partnership

Odisha Signs MoC with IHI Corporation and ACME Group

2 months ago
O’Romeo OTT release

O’Romeo Arrives on OTT After Theatrical Run

4 months ago
India-china

India-China Ties Must Be Bilateral, Not Influenced by Third Parties: Jaishankar to Wang Yi

1 year ago
TATA Trusts

Tata Trusts backs N Chandrasekaran’s decision to step down as Tata Sons chairman

1 week ago

Instagram

Follow Now

Highlights

Odisha Floods Affect 12.87 Lakh People Across 7 Districts; SRC Says Situation Improving

CP Warns Against Online Investment Scams, Urges Citizens to Dial 1930

CM Vijay’s 100-Day Mark: Welfare Push, MLA Perks and ‘Corruption Files’ Warning

Odisha Crosses 1,000 mm Monsoon Rainfall Mark with 28% Surplus

Subarnarekha Surges Above Danger Mark in Baleshwar; Villages Cut Off, Embankments Breached

CJP Backs Fresh Protest Seeking BCI Chairman Manan Mishra’s Resignation

Trending

Odisha NEP‑2020 MDC SEC VAC directive
Education

Odisha Colleges Directed to Offer MDC, SEC & VAC Under NEP‑2020

by Itishree Sethy
August 20, 2026
0

In a major step towards implementing the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020, the Odisha Higher Education Department...

Sabalenka Stunned by Bejlek

Sabalenka Stunned by Bejlek at Cincinnati Masters; Czech Star Reaches First WTA 1000 Quarterfinal

August 20, 2026
Odisha Water Resources Department review meeting

Odisha Water Resources Dept Holds High‑Level Review Meeting; Focus on Timely Execution and Fund Efficiency

August 20, 2026
Odisha flood situation report 2026

Odisha Floods Affect 12.87 Lakh People Across 7 Districts; SRC Says Situation Improving

August 20, 2026
CP Issues Advisory on Investment Scams

CP Warns Against Online Investment Scams, Urges Citizens to Dial 1930

August 20, 2026
Facebook Twitter Youtube RSS

ABOUT US

News, as it should be covered, has been the forte of Pragativadi over the years. And this has ensured a classy readership encompassing the who’s who of the state. The people who matter in Odisha, depend on Pragativadi. For opinion leaders, decision makers and people with surplus disposable income Pragativadi is a must.

Follow us on social media:

E-Library

Chayanika

by Yajati Rout
December 16, 2025
0

Unmesha

by Yajati Rout
December 16, 2025
0

© 2026 Pragativadi

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • EPAPER
  • Odisha
  • Twin City
  • Politics
  • Crime
  • National
  • World
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Business
  • Tech
  • E-Library
  • Photos
  • Quiz

© 2026 Pragativadi