Visuals released by the United States government on Saturday show Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro in handcuffs being escorted by armed personnel through the headquarters of the US Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) in New York City.
The footage emerged hours after Maduro and his wife were captured during a US military operation in Venezuela and flown to the United States. According to the Associated Press, the couple is expected to remain in federal custody while facing criminal charges linked to a Justice Department indictment alleging involvement in a narco-terrorism conspiracy.
US officials said the operation, codenamed “Absolute Resolve,” had been planned and rehearsed for several months. Once initiated, it reportedly concluded within 30 minutes, resulting in Maduro’s removal from power within hours.
Following the capture, US President Donald Trump stated that the United States would temporarily oversee Venezuela’s administration. He also said Washington intends to manage and export the country’s oil resources during the transition period.
“We’re going to run the country until a safe, proper, and judicious transition is achieved,” Trump said during a press briefing.
Meanwhile, Venezuela’s Supreme Court, through its Constitutional Chamber, announced that Vice President Delcy Rodríguez would assume the role of acting president to ensure administrative continuity.
In its ruling, the court said the move was necessary to maintain governance, national defense, and state operations during what it described as the “forced absence” of the president. The court added that it would further deliberate on the legal framework required to safeguard Venezuela’s sovereignty and institutional stability.
The developments mark a significant escalation in US-Venezuela relations and have triggered widespread international attention as events continue to unfold.


























