Formula 1 CEO Stefano Domenicali addressed Max Verstappen’s recent comments hinting at retirement after the 2026 regulation changes.
The Dutch driver criticised the new rules, which increase reliance on electrical power, calling the cars “no fun” and likening them to Formula E “on steroids.”
Speaking during preseason testing in Bahrain, Domenicali said he met Verstappen and clarified that the four-time champion remains deeply committed to Formula 1. He explained that Verstappen often expresses his views strongly, but their meeting was constructive. Domenicali emphasised that F1 listens to all top drivers and values their input on the sport’s future.
Verstappen, who debuted in 2015 at age 17, has previously suggested he is closer to the end of his career than the beginning. He reached his 200th race start in 2024 and has shown interest in other racing formats, including endurance sportscar racing. In a podcast released Thursday, the 28-year-old said current regulations do not support the longevity of his career, adding that he already feels satisfied with his achievements.
Domenicali reassured fans that Verstappen remains central to Formula 1’s future. He stressed that internal discussions will continue to address concerns while keeping the sport’s interests at the forefront.


























