Dabugaon: A youth died of electrocution after his mobile phone exploded while charging at Cherachetiaguda village under Dabugaon police limits in Nabarangpur district today.
The deceased has been identified as Sanadhar Bhatra (20) of Pujariguda village in the district.
According to sources, the incident occurred this morning when Sanadhar was removing his mobile phone from charging. In the meanwhile, the battery exploded injuring Sanadhar. Later, when he was trying to disconnect the wires, he suffered a fatal shock and fell unconscious on the ground.
Immediately, he was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared ‘brought dead’ by the doctor.
On being informed, Dabugaon police reached the spot and sent the body for post-mortem. Police have registered a case of unnatural death and initiated a probe. A pall of gloom descended over the village following the tragic death of the youth.