Worker electrocuted to death while unloading iron pipes in Deogarh


Deogarh:  A worker was electrocuted to death after coming in contact with a high-tension electric wire while unloading iron pipes from a truck at Srungipal village under Kundeigola police station in Deogarh district on Friday.

According to sources, the deceased has been identified as Sushil Wicke of Deodas district in Madhya Pradesh.

The incident took place this afternoon when  Sushil was busy unloading iron pipes from the truck carriage by climbing atop it. Meanwhile, he accidentally came in contact with the high voltage wire and got electrocuted.

While Sushil died on the spot, his body remained stuck to the wire for hours till the police personnel recovered it after disconnecting power supply.

Reportedly, the police have registered a case of unnatural death and sent the body for post-mortem.

Click here to read in Odia

Comments are closed.