Woman set ablaze by in-laws, succumbs to injuries
Sambalpur: A woman, who was admitted to Burla hospital with critical burn injuries on February 13, succumbed today while undergoing treatment.
The deceased has been identified as Jyotirmayee Satpathy, wife of Smruti Ranjan Nayak. She was staying at VSS colony in Hirakud.
According to reports, Jyotirmayee had an argument with her husband following which her in-laws allegedly poured kerosene on her and set her on fire.
However, Jyotirmayee was rescued and admitted to VIMSAR Hospital with 90 per cent burn injuries.
Based on the statement of Jyotirmayee’s minor daughter, police had arrested accused husband, father-in-law, and mother-in-law.