Woman Killed As Hut Catches Fire In Jajpur
Jajpur: A woman was burnt alive while she was sleeping inside her house at Srirampur village under Mangalpur police limits in Jajpur district last night.
The deceased has been identified as Madhusmita Nayak.
According to sources, Madhusmita along with her two-year-old baby daughter was sleeping when her hut caught fire probably following a spark by a bonfire.
Hearing the scream, neighbours rushed to her rescue. She was later admitted to the District Headquarters Hospital, where doctor declared her dead.
However, her two-year-old baby daughter survived the fire mishap.
Police have registered a case and started an investigation into the incident, sources added.