Woman, father-in-law critical in fire mishap in Keonjhar

23

Keonjhar: A woman and her father-in-law sustained critical burn injuries in a fire mishap at Kadrapal village under Ramachandrapur police limits in Keonjhar district on Thursday.

The victims have been identified as Sanjibani Barik and her father-in-law Narottam Barik.

According to sources, the mishap occurred while Sanjibani was preparing tea in the kitchen late evening yesterday.

Sanjibani’s sari accidentally caught fire while she was preparing tea in the gas. Hearing her screams Narottam rushed the spot, in a bid to rescue Sanjibani, Narottam also sustained severe burn injuries.

Later, Narottam son also suffered minor injuries in an attempt to rescue the duo.

Sanjibani and Narrotam were rushed to Anandapur hospital for treatment. Later, Sanjibani was shifted to SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack after her condition deteriorated, informed sources.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.