Bhadrak: The Bhadrak district administration on Saturday said the weekend shutdown will continue in the district in the month of August in view of coronavirus pandemic.
The District Collector’s order said the weekend shutdown on Saturdays and Sundays will continue “In the interest of public health and containment of the spread of Covid-19 in the District. The shutdown shall be imposed within the jurisdiction of the Bhadrak district.
The district administration’s order said during the shutdown all activities shall be closed except :
- All medical establishments including hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, medicine stores, movement of ambulances and all medical personnel
- District and Municipal Administration/ Police/ Fire Services/Block & Tahasil
- Central & State Government officials on emergency duty
- Telecom services
- Petrol pumps
- LPG distribution, home delivery of cooking gas and associated facilities, personnel and vehicular movement
- Print and Electronic Media identified by District Police
- Water Supply, sanitation and sewerage workers
- Electricity supply and distribution
- Self-employed mechanics like Electrician, AC Mechanic, Plumber, Carpenter, etc.