Dhenkanal: The Dhenkanal district administration declared weekend shutdown till end of August in a bid to curb the spread of coronavirus in the district.
Dhenkanal Collector Bhumesh Chandra Behera imposed shutdown in entire district on all Saturdays and Sundays till August 31.
As per shutdown norms, all the non-essential services, commercial establishments and vehicular movements except healthcare and essential services will be restricted.
- All medical establishments, medicine stores, movement of ambulance and medical personnel
- District and municipal administration/police/fire services
- Central and State Govt officials on emergency duty
- Telecom services
- Petrol pumps
- Print and Electronic media identified by the DIPRO/District Police
- Water supply, sanitation & sewerage workers
- Electricity supply & distribution
- Movement of goods & good carriers either loaded or unloaded
- Industrial establishment, factories and construction activities
- All agriculture, horticulture & fisheries, animal husbandry, veterinary services, & allied activities, including procurement at mandis
- Movement of road transport on highways, road movement of transiting vehicles
- Movement of rail and transport
- Movement of public transport, private vehicle and taxis to and from airport, railway station and bus terminals
- Marriages and funeral with permission of local authority
- Operation of bus station and their associated offices, movement of associated personnel and activities
- Home delivery of food, groceries, vegetables, and essential items by restaurants and aggregator
- Dhabas along NH and State Highways/major roads for takeaway only
- Milk booths
- Newspaper hawkers between 5.00 AM and 8.00 AM only
- LPG distribution, home delivery of cooking gas and associated activities, personnel and vehicular movements