Ways To Get Pink And Soft Lips Naturally
New Delhi: Luscious and pink lips will definitely give you the confidence to smile more and also enhance your smile. Your lips deserve some extra care and attention in order to keep them hydrated and restore their natural softness and smoothness. Your lips are more sensitive than you think. Chapped, dry, pigmented lips speak volumes about your health.
Here are a few remedies for naturally pink and soft lips.
1.Exfoliate your lips at least once a week:
To exfoliate your lips effectively, you will need an old, soft toothbrush or a washcloth and a good lip scrub. Although there are many lip scrubs available in the market, it’s easy to make one at home. Here are two recipes that you can try at home:
- Sugar and oil lip scrub: A sugar lip scrub is one of the most popular DIY lip scrubs. All you need is a little bit of white sugar mixed with some coconut oil or olive oil. Apply this on to your lips and scrub away with a toothbrush or washcloth and you’ll be amazed by the results.
- Milk and turmeric scrub: Mix half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with one teaspoon of cold milk. Apply it onto your lips and scrub it off once it is dry. Your lips will be healed, hydrated, and incredibly soft.
2. Apply a lip mask as often as required:
Lip masks can do wonders for your lips. Not only do they leave your lips feeling and looking incredibly soft, they have long-term healing effects for your lips. Here are some amazing DIY lip masks that you can prepare at home:
- Glycerin and lemon mask: Mix one teaspoon of glycerin with one teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply it on to your lips 2-3 times a week for super soft and pink lips.
- Lemon and honey mask: Mix one teaspoon of honey with half a teaspoon of lemon juice to make this lip mask. The honey will heal and soften your lips, while the lemon juice will get rid of excessive pigmentation.
- Rose lip mask: Soak a few rose petals in a bowl of cold milk overnight. Take out the rose petals in the morning, crush them to form a paste, and add a few drops of the milk to the paste. Apply this on to your lips for incredible results.
- Aloe vera lip mask: For this, you will need a little bit of fresh aloe vera gel mixed with some coconut oil or olive oil. This ultra-nourishing mixture can be used both as a lip balm and as a lip mask.
3. Wear a lip balm with SPF:
For the daytime, it’s essential to use a lip balm that contains SPF. This will protect your lips from the drying and damaging effects of the sun and keep them soft in the long run.
4. Don’t forget to take off your lipstick at the end of the day:
When you’re taking off your makeup at night, don’t forget to take off your lipstick! Your lipstick may have worn off or faded away during the course of the day, but it’s crucial to take off every last trace of it to make sure that your lips stay healthy and soft.
5. Don’t Lick your Lips Often:
Licking your lips all through the day will damage the protective layer that covers them and expose them to pollutants and harsh sun rays that could darken lips and make them rough. When your lips feel dry, apply a lip balm and no one would judge you for doing that.