US cyber attack against Islamic republic not successful: Iran

61

Tehran: Iran said that cyber attack claimed by US against Islamic republic hasn’t succeeded. This reaction comes from Iran after US media reported about the attack.

Telecommunications minister Mohammad Javad Azarari Jahromi said on Twitter:”The media are asking about the veracity of the alleged cyber attack against Iran. No successful attack has been carried out by them, although they are making a lot of effort”.

According to American media Washington launched cyber attacks against Iranian missile control systems after the drone attack.

After the drone shooting US President Donald Trump authorised US Cyber Command to carry out a retaliatory cyber attack on Iran, the media reports said.

“We foiled last year not one attack but 33 million attacks with Dejpha shield,” Azari Jahromi said referring to a new internet defence system developed by the Islamic republic.

Tension between Iran and the United States have been high since Trump last year unilaterally withdrew from the multinational 2015 nuclear deal with Tehran.

The Trump administration has imposed biting sanctions on Iran to cripple its economy. The US is expected to announce more sanctions on Iran later on Monday.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.