Bhubaneswar: “Unnati Bhawan” located at Satya Nagar here announced that it received the prestigious Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) Certification with gold rating under IGBC Green Existing Building Rating System.
Unnati Bhawan is an ideal demonstration of Green Building. It’s the first government building to get this rating from IGBC.
Designed by Ar Akshay K Beuria & Ar Shailaja of Designers Forum, Bhubaneswar, this building (with built up area of 93250 square feet) has housed various organizations under the Housing and Urban Development (H&UD) Department, Government of Odisha such as OWSSB, WATCO, JAGA Mission, OUHM.
The building has been designed as a Smart Building with a Contemporary look and modern facilities and has adopted several unique green building features in its design and operation; to ensure sustainability; such as –
1. Highly energy efficient with EPI (Energy Performance Index) of 54 kWh/sq.mt/yr.
2. Rooftop solar power plant with 110KW installed capacity.
3. DEWATT (Root Zone) wastewater treatment system to reuse the treated water in landscaping.
4. 100% Rainwater harvesting system through underground recharge pit.
5. Preservation of existing trees through sensitive site planning.
6. Solid waste management system through appropriate collection, storage & disposal facilities.