Nabarangpur: Two minor siblings died and their mother turned critical due to suspected food poisoning at Dandamunda village under Chandahandi block if Nabarangpur district.
The deceased minors were identified as Amulya (6) and Giridhari (4), sons of Benudhar and Sakuntala Gouda. The couple also has two daughters Kumari (12) and Tulasi (9).
According to reports, the family went to sleep after having dinner last night. This morning, the minor boys started vomiting and then collapsed. The other family member also complained of uneasiness and nausea following which they were all rushed to Chandahandi Community Health Centre (CHC).
However, Dr. Kalpesh Suna declared both Amulya and Giridhari “dead upon arrival”. While Sakuntala is still critical and undergoing treatment, other family members have been discharged after preliminary treatment, sources said.
On the other hand, Chandahandi IIC Abhay Kumar Behera has also launched a probe into the incident. In compliance with the direction of CDMO Dr. Santosh Kumar Swain, a team of doctors also initiated efforts to ascertain the actual cause of death. It is suspected that food poisoning the reason behind the incident.