Two Including Minor Die Of Asphyxiation In Keonjhar

Keonjhar: Two persons, including a minor boy, died of asphyxiation, reportedly caused by smoke from a generator, while two others were admitted to the hospital in critical condition.

The incident was reported from Kathabadi village under Sadar police limits in Keonjhar district.

The deceased persons were identified as Badal Nayak and Baidhar Nayak.

According to available information, Badal (15) and Baidhar (30) along with two others after attending their relative’s wedding were sleeping in the room. As electricity went out, Baidhar connected a generator and slept there with three others.

The matter came to light after a relative spotted the four in an unconscious state. He immediately informed others and rushed them to Keonjhar District Headquarters Hospital (DHH), where Badal and Baidhar were declared ‘brought dead’.

However, two others, one is undergoing treatment at the DHH while another has been shifted to SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack after his condition deteriorated.

Breaking