Two Hurt, Four Rooms Gutted In Fire Mishap

Bhubaneswar: Two persons were injured in a fire mishap that gutted at least four rooms in Ganganagar Palli slum situated near OUAT hostel no 6 in the city late last night.

Reportedly, the incident took place while the couple was frying Gupuchup when a fire broke out. The Couple also sustained burn injuries while trying to control the blaze. Later, locals rushed the injured to the Capital hospital and informed the fire personnel about the matter.

The fire service personnel along with the Khandagiri police reached the spot and doused the flames.

On receiving information, a local legislator and Minister Ashok Chandra Panda reached the spot and provided financial assistance to the affected family with winter clothes, and dry foods. Besides, He informed the tahsildar about government assistance.

Former corporators Sridhar Behera, Sujit Swai, and Mahamaya Swai, among others, also reached the spot to take stock of the situation.

Breaking