New Delhi: Yoga has solutions to almost every problem that we have. By practicing yoga you can regain your healthy strong hair. It improves your hair growth and also keeps your overall health in check.
Balayam Yoga Mudra (Rubbing Nails)
The process of rubbing your nails against each other is known as Balayam yoga. It is one of the simplest and easiest ways to reduce hair fall. You just need to practice it every day for 5-10 minutes.
When you rub your fingernails, there is a nerve ending below it that stimulates your brain to send a signal to revive dead and damaged hair follicles.
Balayam Yoga also helps stimulate the blood flow to your scalp, reducing hair issues such as dandruff and premature greying.
How to do:
- Curl the fingers of both your hands inwards towards your palm.
- Bring your nails in contact with each other and start rubbing them. vigorously. Ensure leaving the thumbnails out.
- Keep rubbing it continuously for 5-10 minutes.
Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Facing Dog Pose)
Known as mountain pose in English, Parvat-Asana, like other asanas, increases blood flow to the scalp, which helps in the nourishment of hair roots.
This asana helps stretch and strengthen the abdominal muscles. When your abdominal muscles are stretched, it compresses the digestive system organs, including your liver and kidneys, therefore keeping them in a good working condition.
A good digestive system helps in supplying more nutrients to the hair, thereby promoting the healthy growth of hair follicles. It also calms your mind, thus reducing anxiety and stress.
How to do:
- Stand on your four limbs.
- Exhale and gently lift your hips and straighten your elbows and knees. Ensure your body forms an inverted ‘V’.
- Your hands should be in line with your shoulders, and your feet in line with your hips.
- Make sure that your toes point outwards. Now, press your hands into the ground and lengthen your neck.
- Your ears should touch your inner arms, and you should turn to your navel.
- Hold for a few seconds, and then, bend your knees and return to the table position.
Uttanpadasana (Raised Feet Pose)
This asana is also called Raised Leg pose. It is very helpful for those suffering from back pain and stomach disorder. You can practice this asana by raising one leg at a time also.
Uttanpadasana strengthens the abdominal muscles. As your head rests on the ground, there is blood circulation to the scalp, which is beneficial for weak hair follicles.
As fresh oxygen is rushed to the hair cells, it provides nourishment which helps in reducing brittleness and dryness.
How to do:
- Lie on the ground with arms by your side and palms facing the floor.
- Stretch your body and slowly raise your legs at a 45-60 degree angle from the ground.
- Keep your legs raised for a minute or even more if you can hold it.
Shashank – asana (Rabbit Pose)
Popularly known as the Rabbit Pose, this is an important yoga asana that is beneficial for the scalp and back. It should be practiced in the morning and the evening.
Shashank-asana is a forward bend pose. It stretches and strengthens the neck and the spine muscles, thus relieving the body from stress and tension.
It also improves blood circulation throughout the body and helps in the better functioning of the digestive system.