Try Rose Flavoured Rasmalai At Home
New Delhi: Rose flavoured Rasmalai is made from paneer also known as Indian cottage cheese soaked in sugar syrup and served with milk flavoured with Rose, cardamon, and saffron.
- 1 litre full cream milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
Ingredients for Sugar syrup:
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 2-3 tsp Rose essence
- 4-5 drops red food color
Ingredients for Milk:
- 1 litre of milk
- 1/2 cup sugar or according to your taste
- 1 tsp badam chopped
- 1 tsp rose essence
- 3-4 drops red food color Silver varak for garnish
- Chopped badam for garnish
- Cherry optional
- Kesar optional
- Heat the milk for paneer in a nonstick vessel. When it starts boiling, add lemon slowly and reduce the heat.
- Add lemon until the water and paneer are separated. Now remove the paneer from heat and strain the paneer in a muslin cloth
- Put some cold water on the paneer, and Hang for 30 Minutes. Now Knead the paneer properly and make small dumplings
- To make the sugar syrup, heat sugar, water, cardamom seeds, and rose water together on a high flame.
- When it starts boiling add 3 – 4 drops of red food color. Now add the paneer balls and Cover the vessel and let it cook for around 7 to 10 mins on high heat.
- The paneer balls will increase double in size and will have a soft red color.
- Now rest of the paneer balls. In a separate pan heat the milk along with sugar rose Essenes and chopped badam, boil it till it reduces in quantity and becomes a little thick.
- Reduce the heat and add red food color and gently add the paneer balls which we had made earlier one at a time. Simmer on slow heat for 5 minutes
- Serve chilled, garnished with badam, Silver foil, cherry, and Kesar