Try Mouthwatering Chicken Korma Recipe
New Delhi: Korma is a gravy dish that is usually made with yogurt, lots of nuts and spices. A Mughal era original, Chicken Korma is the perfect dinner party dish that is easy, quick and a no fuss recipe.
Ingredients of Chicken Korma
- 1/2 Kg chicken
- 1 cup oil
- 2-3 tsp ghee
- 8-10 Cardamoms
- 6-7 Cloves
- 2 tbsp garlic
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp chili
- to taste salt
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 onions (fried, puree this with the yogurt), sliced
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Few strands of saffron (mixed in 3 tsp of water)
- for garnishing coriander leaves, chopped
How to Make Chicken Korma
- Heat the vegetable oil into the pan, then put a dollop of ghee.
- Put cardamom, cloves, garlic and fry the mix properly.
- Then add the chicken and let it cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Keep stirring it.
- Once it becomes brown, add coriander and chili powder.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add ginger paste, the mixture of fried onions, and yogurt, let it cook for a minute.
- Then put garam masala and saffron for flavor.
- If the gravy is too thick add a little bit of water before covering it. The masala should fuse well with the chicken.
- Cover it and give it some time to cook on a slow flame. Let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Keep stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot, garnished with coriander leaves.