New Delhi: Achari Paneer is a delicious Northern Indian dish where soft pieces of paneer are served in creamy, masala gravy accentuated with pickle spices and tangy curd. Let’s check out the ingredients for the recipe.
- 2 tablespoons Mustard Oil or as needed
- 250 grams Paneer cut in cubes
- 3 Tomatoes or 1 cup of tomatoes
- 1-2 Green Chilies as needed
- 1 inch Ginger
- Cilantro to garnish
- pinch Asoefitida (Hing)
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- Red Chili Powder as per taste
- ½ cup Cream/ Yogurt
- ¼ cup Water
- Achaari Masala (Spice Mix)
- ¼ teaspoon Fenugreek Seeds
- ½ teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- ½ teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Fennel Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Seeds
- 1 whole Red Chili or Kashmiri Red Chili
- Take a skillet and dry roast Fenugreek Seeds, Mustard Seeds, Fennel Seeds, Coriander Seeds, Whole Red Chili, and Cumin Seeds for 1-2 minutes until aromatic. When they cool down, put them in the spice grinder and coarse grind the mixture.
- Add tomatoes, ginger and green chillies in a blender and grind them into a fine paste.
Achaari Paneer Gravy
- Add oil to the pan. When the oil is hot, add Tomato-Ginger paste to it. Cook it for 3-5 minutes or until oil starts to separate.
- Add Achari Masala, Red Chili Powder, Garam Masala, Turmeric Powder, and Asoefitida and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- When everything is cooked, add water and salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Then add cream/yogurt.
- When it comes to desired consistency, add paneer cubes with Kasuri Methi. Cook for 1-2 minutes and garnish with some chopped cilantro & serve!