New Delhi: Malai Prawn Curry is a delicious dish with soothing flavours of coconut milk, cinnamon, and fresh yougurt. The creamy texture of the dish is perfect to prepare in just about 30 minutes. Let’s check out the ingredients for the recipe.
Ingredients of Malai Prawn Curry
- 1 Kg prawns
- 1/2 fresh coconut milk
- 2 onions
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 2 cloves
- 4 green cardamoms
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 dried red chillies
- 1-inch fresh ginger
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp ghee to taste salt
How to Make Malai Prawn Curry
1. Marinate the prawns in turmeric and salt for an hour.
2. Saute the prawns in hot oil. Remove from the pan.
3. In the same pan saute whole garam masala and chopped onions for a minute.
4. Add ginger, sugar, turmeric, red chilli powder and cumin powder.
5. Add the sauteed prawns, coconut milk, yogurt and salt into the pan.
6. Simmer for 7-8 minutes. Add ghee and cook the prawns for 2 minutes.
7. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot.