New Delhi: Rose Custard is a twist on the classic fruit custard. Let’s take a look at the ingredients required for a delicious dessert.
Ingredients for Rose Caramel Custard Recipe
- Rose water 1 tablespoon
- Rose syrup 1/2 cup
- Milk 2 cups
- Sugar 1 1/2 cups
- Eggs 4
- Vanilla essence 1 teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat 1 cup sugar in the non-stick pan along with 3-4 tbsps water and cook till the sugar caramelizes.
- Line individual ramekin moulds and a glass baking dish with some caramel.
- Break eggs in a bowl and whisk well.
- Heat milk in another non-stick pan till just warm.
- Add the remaining sugar, vanilla essence and rose water to the egg and whisk well. Add the lukewarm milk and rose syrup and whisk again. Strain the prepared egg-rose syrup mixture in another bowl.
- Fill the ramekin moulds and baking dish with the prepared egg-rose syrup mixture.
- Fill a baking tray with some water. Place the ramekin moulds and baking dish on the baking tray. Cover the moulds and baking dish with aluminium foil and make a few holes on top.
- Place the baking tray in preheated oven and bake for 35 minutes. Remove from heat and refrigerate to cool.
- Serve chilled.