Bhubaneswar: The Commissionerate Police on Friday issued a set of traffic restrictions/regulations to be implemented for public in view of the celebrations of 75th Independence Day and State-level parade in Bhubaneswar.
The following restrictions/diversions will be effective on Madhusudan Marg, IDCO Exhibition Ground, Unit-III, and its periphery, Bhubaneswar on 15th August, 2022 from 6.30 AM onwards till the completion of the parade / function.
- No vehicles shall be allowed to ply in between MBS blocking – St. Joseph lane blocking stretch of Ram Mandir to Housing Board Square .from 6.30 AM onwards on 15.08.2022 till the parade is over.
- Vehicles coming from the Housing Board side intending to go towards Ram Mandir will be allowed up to MBS lane blocking at Housing Board square where they will be diverted towards the Kendriya Vidyalaya lane.
- Similarly, vehicles coming from Ram Mandir square intending to go towards Housing Board Square will be allowed up to St. Joseph lane where they will be diverted towards the Kendriya Vidyalaya lane exiting out at MBS lane blocking near Housing Board square.
- There will be a blocking at the Hotel Charlie lane where vehicles coming from PMG, Keshari Talkies side will be diverted towards Sachivalaya Marg. There will be blocking at lanes exiting out at gate No. I and II emerging from Sachivalaya Marg.
Lanes emerging from Kendriya Vidyalaya lane existing out at Housing Board Ram Mandir road will be blocked and there will be no vehicular movement on MBS blocking – St. Joseph lane blocking stretch.
- Vehicles of participating contingents and Police personnel parking at MBS blocking – St. Joseph lane blocking stretch (on Housing Board – Ram Mandir road).
- The Twin City Police has strictly enforced ban on the selling of Gas Balloons in the area near Madhusudan Marg between the Ram Mandir Square and the Housing Board Square on 15.08.2022 from 6.30 AM till the parade is over.
Violation of the instant order is an offense punishable u/s 96 of the Odisha Urban Police Act, 2003 and is compoundable with a minimum fine of Rs. 500/- which can extend up to Rs. 1,000, said the Twin City Police in a circular.
There will be designated parking spaces as listed below:-
- VVIP Parking at the right flank of gate No. I.
- VIP and other guests parking at left flank of gate No II.
- Media parking at left flank of gate No. V.