Tibetan Laphing Recipe!
Laphing is a spicy and savory cold noodle dish made from white rice flour (maida). It is known as a Tibetan dish but has now become an integral part of food scene in Kathmandu.
How To Make Laphing Dough?
- All Purpose Flour
- Begin by combining the refined flour and salt.
- Then transfer it to a bowl and drizzle with some oil.
- Mix thoroughly until the oil blends well.
- To form the dough, keep adding a little water and knead it.
- After kneading the dough thoroughly, you will see a soft dough, which will prepare softer laphing.
- Cover the laphing dough and let it rest for around 20 minutes.
- Once the dough looks ready, place it in a container with enough water to cover it. It will separate the starch and gluten.
- Then rigorously squeeze the dough in water. You’ll see starch and gluten has started separating.
- Now cover the starch water for around 2 hours. Keep the gluten aside and use it for the fillings.
How To Make Fillings?
- Wash the gluten dough once again in the running water.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of yeast or baking powder to the dough.
- Then give it a good mix and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Now, Place the gluten on a steamer tray coated with oil and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- This light and fluffy gluten bread will be ready to use as a filling.
How To Make Chilli Paste?
- Red Chilli Powder
- Sichuan Pepper
- AjinoMoto (Optional)
- Cooking oil
- Take 4-5 cloves of chopped garlic, salt, Sichuan pepper, 3 tsp of red chilli powder, ajino moto and water.
- Mix it well and add 100ml heated oil to it. The chilli paste will be ready.
- The Final Step
- Put a wrapper on a flat surface and spread 1 tsp of chilli paste on it.
- Then add gluten bread, salt, soy sauce and vinegar.
- Mix well and make a roll.
- Then cut it into equal even pieces. Your delicious snack is ready.