Bhubaneswar: The Odisha Police has made three-tier security arrangements for 63 counting centres across the state for smooth counting of votes tomorrow (Thursday).
According to a press note by the Odisha Police State Headquarters in Cuttack, three-tier security have been put in place to thwart any kind of untoward situation during the counting of votes.
Here is the security arrangement made by Odisha Police:
- The 1st tier is exclusively manned by 36 COYs of CAPF.
- The 2nd tier is manned by SAP 250 platoons.
- The 3rd tier is manned by District police and home guards.
For Guarding EVM Strong Room:-
- Additional CCTV Cameras have been fitted in consultation with DEO and police personnel have been deployed round the clock to monitor CCTV.
- One control room adjacent to the strong room has been made operational round the clock with VHF Set and operators in three shifts.
- A Deputy Supdt. of Police along with a police officer has been put on duty round the clock for monitoring the security arrangements of the strong room.
- Extra force from district police has been put on duty for round the clock at the outer periphery of the Strong Room.
- Video cameras with operators have been placed at the entry and exit points to record all kinds of visits into the Strong Room premises.
- Sharp vigil on the movement of unknown persons at the surrounding of the Strong Room has been maintained.
- SPs are paying a regular visit to the Strong Room in order to check the alertness of the police personnel deployed.
For Counting Centres:
- Experienced Police officers and men including women officers and men have been deployed at the entry point of the Counting Centres for anti-sabotage checking with required DFMD, HHMD and other security gadgets.
- Only the persons authorised by the CEO/DEO/RO will be allowed entry into the Counting Centre with verification of Identity.
- Each and every person will be properly frisked physically as well as with electronic devices at the entry point.
- Separate enclosure will be arranged for frisking of women at the entry point and experienced women police personnel will be deployed for frisking.
- Mobile phone will not be allowed inside the counting centre. Only persons authorised by the D.E.O. will be permitted to carry mobile phone.
- Matchbox, Lighter, Cigarette, tobacco items will not be allowed inside the Counting Centre.
- Hidden camera materials such as Spy Pen, Goggles, button camera, smartwatch, Handbag etc. will not be allowed inside the Counting Centre and the police personnel will check these materials thoroughly.
- Adequate arrangement is to be made for victory procession of different political parties.
- Intensive Mobile Patrolling is to be introduced in sensitive pockets.