Surya Grahan 2022 Timings: When And Where To Watch
New Delhi: The world is set to witness the last solar eclipse of 2022. The eclipse will begin before sunset in the late afternoon and will be visible from most areas.
In India, several cities will be able to view the eclipse and this includes the capital Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Bhopal, among others. Several of these cities will be able to view the eclipse for more than one-and-half hour. However, it will not be feasible from some eastern regions of the nation, including the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, as well as the north-eastern cities of Aizawl, Dibrugarh, Imphal, Itanagar, Kohima, Sibsagar, Silchar, and Tamelong, among others.
In Odisha, the solar eclipse will be visible from 4.56 PM.
Below are the timings:
- Grahan Sparsha: 4.56 PM
- Grahan Madhya: 5.43 PM
- Sarva Mokshya: 6.26 PM
- Grahan Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Solar eclipse 2022: City-wise timings
- New Delhi: 04:28 pm to 05:42 pm
- Mumbai: 04:49 pm to 06:09 pm
- Chennai: 05:13 pm to 05:45 pm
- Kolkata: 04:51 pm to 05:04 pm
- Hyderabad: 04:58 pm to 05:48 pm
- Bengaluru: 05:12 pm to 05:56 pm
- Bhopal: 04:42 pm to 05:47 pm
- Chandigarh: 04:23 pm to 05:41 pm
- Pune: 04:51 pm to 06:06 pm
A solar eclipse occurs when the moon passes between the sun and the earth, obstructing the sun’s light from reaching the earth. As a result, the moon casts a shadow on the earth, resulting in a solar eclipse.
Comments are closed.