Bonai: Additional District Magistrate of Sundergarh district has come under the scanner of the Vigilance department on charges of acquisition and possession of assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
On the allegation of possession of disproportionate assets by the accused officer Biswajit Mohapatra, simultaneous house searches are being conducted at 7 places including Khurda, Sundergarh and Jagatsinghpur district.
The raids are being conducted at:
1)Residential house located at Rudrapur, Balianta, Bhubaneswar
2) Flat located at Nayapalli, Bhubaneswar
3) House at native Village- Redhua, Raghunathpur, Dist-Jagatsinghpur
4) Relatives’ house at Village-Jadatira,Po-Manijanga ,Dist-Jagatsinghpur
5) Official residence located at Sundargarh town.
6) Official chamber located at Collectorate Sundargarh.
7) Residential accommodation of a relative of the accused officer at OCL Campus, Rajgangpur
According to reports, teams comprising 8 Dy.S.Ps, 2 Inspectors, 5 ASIs and other staff are conducting the raid on the strength of search warrant issued by Special Judge, Vigilance, Bhubaneswar.
Verification of various documents of his movable and immovable property was underway till the last report was filed. The exact amount of disproportionate assets by the officer will be ascertained after the completion of the raid.