Cuttack/Sundergarh: The vigilance on Thursday arrested Tangarpali additional tehsildar and produced him before a vigilance court in Sundergarh in connection with the disproportionate assets case.
The ant graft agency arrested him after a two-day raid at various places. During the rain the sleuths busted assets worth Rs 5 crore, a release issued by the Vigilance stated.
Sundergarh vigilance division registered a case against the tainted officer- Kulamani Patel and his wife under section 13(2) r/w 13(1)(b)/12 PC Act, 1988 as amended by PC (Amendment) Act, 2018.
.On the allegation of possession of assets disproportionate to the known sources of income , vigilance carried out simultaneous raids at several places. Eight teams led by 4 DSPs, 10 Inspectors, 4 ASIs and other staffs were engaged in the searches.
During house searches, the following movable and immovable assets were unearthed–
1) One triple storeyed residential building over plot No.1593/1666 & 2666/4073, Khata No.235/633, Mouza-Lephripada, Dist-Sundargarh worth approx Rs.1 Crore.
2) One double storeyed building over plot No.561/4695 & 561/3937/4945, Khata No.427/312, Mouza-Chitabhanga, Sundargarh town, Dist-Sundargarh worth over Rs.46.29 Lakhs.
3) 3 numbers of residential houses over plot No.1482, Khata No.108, Mouza-Dumarbahal, PS-Lephripada, Dist-Sundargarh.
4) 21 numbers of plots in prime area of Sundargarh district.
5) Bank & Insurance deposits worth over Rs.37.68 Lakhs.
6) 3 four wheelers (Mahindra Bolero Camper, Mahindra Commander & Mahindra Bolero) worth Rs.14.48 Lakhs.
7) 2 Tractors and 2 Trailers (Mahindra 295 DI Turbo, Mahindra B275 DI Turbo) worth Rs.14 Lakhs.
8) 3 two wheelers worth over Rs.2.44 Lakhs.
9) Cash, gold & silver ornament and household articles worth over Rs.7.81
After thorough calculation, the vigilance found his properties were 253% higher than his known sources of income.