New Delhi: Ragda Patties chaat is one of the most famous street foods in Mumbai. It is a satiating snack that is loved by people of all ages.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 bay leaf
- ½ tsp cloves
- 3 pods cardamom
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp fennel
- pinch hing
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 chilli (slit)
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp amchur
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup white peas (soaked overnight)
- 3 cup water
- 2 potatoes (boiled & mashed)
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- For Aloo Tikki:
- 3 potatoes (boiled & mashed)
- ¼ cup thick poha (soaked)
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 2 chilli (finely chopped)
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsp coriander (finely chopped)
- ½ tsp salt
- oil (for frying)
- for chaat:
- green chutney
- tamarind chutney
- chaat masala
- salad (finely chopped)
- sev or mixture
How to make street style ragda recipe:
- Firstly, in a cooker heat 2 tbsp oil. add 2 bay leaves, ½ tsp cloves, 3 pods cardamom, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp fennel and pinch hing.
- Saute on low flame until the spices turn aromatic.
- Now add 1 onion, 1 chilli and 1 tsp ginger garlic paste. saute well.
- Further, keeping the flame on low add ½ tsp turmeric, 1 tsp chilli powder, ½ tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp amchur and 1 tsp salt. saute until the spices turn aromatic.
- Further, add 1 cup of white peas and 3 cups of water.
- Cover and pressure cook for 4 whistles or until the peas are cooked well.
- Adjust the consistency by adding water. the ragda thickens once cooled.
- Further, add 2 potatoes and 1 tsp chaat masala.
- Mix well and get to a boil adjusting the consistency as required.
- Finally, ragda is ready to make chaats.
How to make aloo tikki:
- Firstly, in a bowl take 3 potatoes, ¼ cup thick poha. adding poha helps to absorb the moisture.
- Add ¼ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp coriander powder, ½ tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp chaat masala, ½ tsp garam masala and 2 chillies.
- Also add ½ tsp ginger paste, 2 tbsp coriander and ½ tsp salt.
- Mix well making sure everything is well combined.
- Grease hands with oil and prepares a small pattice.
- Shallow fry on medium flame or you can pan fry or deep fry.
- Fry on both sides until it turns golden and crisp.
- Aloo tikki is ready. keep aside.
How to make ragda pattice chaat:
- Firstly, on a plate place 2 aloo tikki.
- Top with green chutney and tamarind chutney.
- Further, pour a ladleful of prepared ragda over it.
- Garnish with chopped onions, sev and chaat masala.
- Finally, enjoy ragda pattice with evening chai.