New Delhi: Mango Chicken Curry is a combination of coconut, curry leaves, mustard seeds, raw mango and tender, juicy pieces of chicken.
Ingredients of Mango Chicken Curry
- 500 gms Chicken
- 1/2 cup Curd
- 2 tbsp Coconut oi
- l1/4 cup Coconut milk
- 1-2 Roasted red chilli
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Fennel seeds
- 2 Cloves
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 2-3 pods Cardamom
- 2 sticks Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Tomato puree
- 1/2 cup Cream
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 large Mango
- to taste Salt
- Curry leaves
How to Make Mango Chicken Curry
For Paste :
- In your blender or food processor, add all the paste ingredients except the yogurt.
- Blend ingredients into a paste then add the yogurt and mix well.
- Marinate the chicken in half of the paste and refrigerate for 2 hours.
For Curry :
- Heat oil in a pan, add cardamom pods, mustard seeds, cinnamon stick and fennel seeds. Let it splutter.
- Add the remaining curry paste and cook out until fragrant, 5-10 minutes.
- Now add the coriander, garam masala, chilli powder, salt, onion, garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
- Gently pour in the tomato puree and coconut cream, and stir well.
- Bring to a boil before adding the marinated chicken and the mango. Keep the flame low to medium.
- Simmer the curry uncovered for 15-20 minutes, until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, curry leaves and crushed coconut. Serve hot with a side of steamed rice or chapati.