New Delhi: Chicken Cheese Stuffed Kulcha is one of the delicious kulcha recipes that every meat lover must try. It is easy to make a recipe that can be served with Maa Ki Dal Recipe – Punjabi Black Urad Dal, Pickled Onions and a glass of Masala Chaas Recipe.
For the Chicken Cheese filling
- 250 grams of Chicken, minced
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1/3 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1/2 cup Cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- For the kulcha dough
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1 tablespoon Curd (Dahi / Yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Salt, to taste
- Water, to knead the dough
- 1 tablespoon Butter (Salted)
- 1 Butter (Salted)
- 1 tablespoon Kalonji (Onion Nigella Seeds)
- Butter (Salted), to cook the kulchas
- 1/4 cup Coriander (Dhania) Leaves, finely chopped
How to make Chicken Cheese Stuffed Kulcha Recipe
- To begin making the Chicken Cheese Stuffed Kulcha Recipe, we will first make the dough.
- To make the dough for the Chicken Cheese Stuffed Kulcha
- In a mixing bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, yeast, curd, sugar, salt, and butter with your fingers.
- Next add water, little by little to knead the dough. We are looking for a smooth soft dough. Bring the kulcha dough together to form a smooth dough with a few drops of cooking oil.
- Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and rest it in a warm place for about 30-40 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size.
- To make the filling for the Chicken Cheese Stuffed Kulcha
- In a pan heat oil on medium heat, once the oil is hot add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Next add all the dry masalas, red chilli powder, cumin powder, black pepper powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder and salt.
- At this stage add the minced chicken and cook until the chicken has fully cooked through. This will take a good 12-15 minutes. The chicken will release some water of its own. If the chicken is not cooked and the water has dried up completely then you can add a dash of water to help cook the chicken completely.
- Once cooked, transfer to a bowl and allow it to cool. Once the chicken mince has cooled, mix in the grated cheese.
To Cook the Chicken Cheese Stuffed Kulcha
- Preheat the tawa on medium flame.
- Remove the dough from the warm place, and punch the dough back with your knuckles.
- Now divide the dough into equal portions of lemon ball sizes, dust in flour and flatten them using a rolling pin to about 2-inch diameter.
- Now place a tablespoon or two of the chicken cheese filling in the center, and bring the edges of the chicken cheese kulcha together in the center.
- Flatten the kulcha between your palms, dust in flour.
- Roll them out to slightly elongated shaped kulchas, now sprinkle a few drops of water and sprinkle a few coriander leaves and kalonji seeds. Pat down gently with your fingers to help them stick to the kulchas.