Slum dwellers’ relocation starts for Nilamadhab Awas Yojana

133

Bhubaneswar: More than 347 families from Nilamadhab Basti will be relocated to the Transit House near Kanyashram as part of the preliminary phase relocation of slum dwellers, which started today, to initiate the much-awaited in-situ slum development project in Chandrasekharpur Mouza, named Nilamadhab Awas Yojana.

While signing the allotment letter for their short-term accommodation at the Transit House, the slum dwellers were also given Entitlement Certificates to instil confidence in them that they would get EWS houses at the project site.

The slum development project will accommodate 1,200 families of slum dwellers. While nearly 30 families under the RAY list were relocated today and rest will be done by the end of the current month, other slum dwellers of Nilamadhab Basti will be relocated in future in a phase-wise manner.

Senior officials of Bhubaneswar Development Authority (BDA), Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation were present. BDA Enforcement Member Bijay Kumar Dash led the team of officials.

The 8.18 acres of Nilamadhab Awas Yojana will be a public private partnership (PPP) based project under Housing for All Policy of the State Government. Coming under Model-4 out of the seven models available under the above Policy, the project will have two components, i.e. the Slum Relocation Project (SRP) area and Private Developers Project (PDP) area.

While 65 per cent land of the project will be used for building 1,200 EWS houses for the slum dwellers with a dwelling unit of 23 square metres carpet area with basic facilities, 5 per cent of the built-up area used for residential purpose will be utilised for developing amenities for the community like Anganwadi Centre, Health Centre, study room, library, community hall and neighbourhood shopping. Other than these facilities, basic infrastructures like internal roads, piped water supply, streetlights, sewerage, drainage, green space and open space shall be provided in the project area.

After handing over 1,200 EWS dwelling units to BDA over 65 per cent of the project area, the developer would get remaining 35 per cent of the project area on a freehold basis for its own commercial/residential use adhering to the rules and regulations of BDA.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.