Jhursuguda: At least six motorcycles were gutted after a massive fire broke out in the parking lot of an apartment in Jharsuguda on Saturday.
The fire reportedly broke out in the parking lot of New Height apartment located at Sarbahal on the outskirts of the city.
Although the exact cause of the fire was not immediately ascertained, it was suspected that explosion of motorcycle battery or an electric short circuit triggered the fire.
The fire first caught one motorcycle and later engulfed other vehicles parked nearby. Two firefighter teams of Vedanta and Jarsuguda fire services personnel rushed to the spot and doused the flame.
No casualty was reported in the fire mishap.