Siblings fall into electric trap in Ganjam forest, younger one dies

26

Ganjam: One person was electrocuted to death while another critically hurt after they accidentally came in contact with an electric trap laid by suspected poachers for wild boars.

The incident took place at Dorabagad village under Kabisuryanagar police limits in Ganjam district today.

The deceased has been identified as N Narsingha Dora younger brother of critically injured, D Nageswar Dora, who has been admitted to Berhampur hospital for treatment.

According to sources, the sibling-duo had ventured into the forest to trace a missing goat. Meanwhile, they accidentally fell into an electric trap which was laid by poachers to trap wild boar.

While the younger brother, Narsingha, died on the spot, Nageswar was rescued and initially admitted to a nearby hospital in a critical condition. Later, he was shifted to Berhampur hospital after his health condition deteriorated.

On intimation, police recovered the body from the spot and launched a probe to identify the poachers who had set the electric trap to hunt wild boars.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.