Bhubaneswar: AMRI Hospitals, Bhubaneswar has installed SuperSonic image machine. Now liver stiffness, Breast & Thyroid Elastography can be measured by 2D Shear Wave Elastography (SWE) inbuilt with LOGIQ S8 ultrasound machine, which is being operated by trained & Competent Doctors.
Shear Wave Elastography provides a quantitative colour-coded map that visualises and quantifies tissue stiffness during examination displayed in kilopascals.
“AMRI Hospitals recognising the high diagnostic value in the prediction of survival, SuperSonic image has taken a new step towards earlier and better-adapted patient management,” said Dr Anuj Tiwari, Vice President & Unit Head, AMRI Hospitals Bhubaneswar.
“This study not only confirms the expertise of Super Sonic image in the evaluation of liver disease but also the diagnostic benefits of its ultrasound innovations. We at AMRI Hospitals are doing elastography (Fibroscan) with use of Shear Wave Elastography in patients with liver, breast & thyroid diseases,” he added.
AMRI Hospitals is introducing the most advanced healthcare equipment always and will continue it to provide world-class treatments to the people, ” mentioned Dr Tiwari.
“As a Gastroenterologist, I can say that the number of patients with liver disease is constantly increasing because of the increased load of Diabetes, alcohol intake, fatty liver and modern-day lifestyle, that it’s becoming ever more vital for Surgeons, Clinicians, Radiologists and Gastroenterologists, to have reliable tools such as SWE to address this major public health problem in the most effective way,” Dr. Pratap Behera, Gastroenterologist, AMRI Hospitals
Uses & benefits of Shear Wave Elastography (SWE):
- Differentiating malignant and benign neoplasms (especially breast)
- Aiding in deciding the biopsy site more accurately, reducing negative biopsy rates & assessing liver fibrosis
- Its non-invasive and non-radioactive diagnostic procedure
- Assessing liver steatosis (e.g. non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and steatohepatitis)
- If you have a drinking habit, this special ultrasound is for you. Liver cirrhosis has a slow evolution that if detected in early stages this can be stopped. Liver fibrosis can detect the problem before cirrhosis happens. This test is superior to other early version named Fibroscan.
- Breast Elastography should be performed every year after 40 years old. Experts suggest that the first mammogram or Elastography should be done at 25 years old; if everything is normal, one needs to perform it again till 40.