Seven girl hostel inmates hospitalised suspectedly due to indoor pollution from mosquito coils

68

Niali: At least seven girl students fell ill at the hostel of Udaynath College in Odaspur of Cuttack district on Thursday night.

According to sources, seven inmates of the girls’ hostel complained of uneasiness and were immediately admitted to a hospital in Odaspur.

However, one student was shifted to SCB Medical College and Hospital after her health condition deteriorated. While four of the students have been discharged, others are still undergoing treatment at Odaspur hospital.

Though the exact reason behind the students’ ill-health remained uncertain, it was suspected that the smoke from a mosquito repellant coil might have lead them to feel nauseous, sources said.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.