Satiate Your Sweet Tooth With Delicious Mango Sago Pudding
New Delhi: Mango Sago pudding is a rich, creamy and delicious dessert prepared by cooking sago pearls with milk and mango. Take a look at the ingredients for the recipe.
- 1/2 cup Nylon sabakki, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1-1/2 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cardamom Powder (Elaichi)
- 2 Mango (Ripe)
- Whole Almonds (Badam), silvered (optional)
How to make Mango Sago Kheer Recipe – Sabudana Kheer With Mangoes
- To begin making the Mango Sago Kheer Recipe, wash and soak the nylon sabudana in water for 20 minutes.
- In a pressure cooker, combine the drained sabudana along with half a cup of water and half a cup of milk, close the lid and pressure cook for 3 whistles. Turn off the flame and allow the pressure to release naturally.
- Once the pressure has released, open the cooker, add in the sugar, and the remaining milk and mix the sabudana kheer well, the sugar will melt due to the residual heat.
- You will observe that the sabudana is well cooked and the kheer is very thick. Mix well and place it in the fridge to cool for a couple of hours. If it becomes a little too thick, you can add in cream or milk and stir well to combine.
- While the sabudana kheer is chilling, peel the mangoes and squish them with your palms into a mixing bowl. This will give us a chunky fresh mango puree.
- To assemble the Mango Sabudana Kheer, add the chilled sabudana kheer in a shot glass or dessert glass and gradually mix in the chunky mango puree and garnish with almond slivers.
- Serve Mango Sago Kheer Recipe as a dessert after your delicious meal of Maakhmi Dal, Bharli Bhendi, Jeera Rice, Palak Raita and Tawa Paratha.