Satiate Your Mid-Night Cravings With Delicious Banana Pancakes
New Delhi: Banana pancakes are super easy to make with wholesome ingredients like whole wheat flour and jaggery. These sweet, tender vegan banana pancakes are so tasty that everyone will enjoy them.
- 3 bananas – medium to large (overripe or ripe)or 285 grams
- 1 cup whole wheat flour or 120 grams
- ½ teaspoon crushed fennel or whole fennel seeds
- 3 tablespoons jaggery powder or add as required – optional
- ¾ cup water or add as required
- oil as required
- Peel bananas and place them in a mixing bowl or pan.
- Slice them first and then mash them with a potato masher. For overripe bananas, you can directly mash them with a veggie or potato masher.
- Now add jaggery powder. You can add the amount of jaggery as per the sweetness of the bananas.
- Add more or less as required. You can replace sugar with jaggery. Mix very well.
- Then add whole wheat flour and lightly crushed fennel seeds or whole fennel seeds. Crush the fennel seeds lightly in your mortar-pestle.
- Add water in parts.
- Then begin to mix it with the flour. I added a total of ¾ cup of water. Depending on the quality of whole wheat flour you can add adjust the water proportion.
- Mix very well and make a smooth batter without lumps. The batter has to have a medium-thick flowing consistency.
Making Banana Pancakes
- Now heat a pan or skillet. Spread a bit of oil on the pan. Instead of oil, you can also use ghee or butter. You can use a heavy nonstick or a cast-iron skillet.
- Keep the heat to a low or medium-low. Pour a spoonful of the batter into the pan and then gently spread it. Do not spread too much. Just form small pancakes.
- Cook the pancake on low to medium-low heat.
- Drizzle some oil on the sides and top.
- When the base gets golden and slightly crisp, turn over the banana pancake.
- Cook this second side until it gets golden. If you want you can flip and cook once or twice.
- Then place each cooked banana pancake in a single layer inside a casserole dish or on a baking sheet, and keep it in an oven at the lowest temperature while you make the remaining pancakes.
Comments are closed.