Satiate Your Hunger Pangs With Delicious Deviled Eggs
New Delhi: Deviled eggs are hard-boiled eggs where the yolk is mixed with mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. The little sprinkle of paprika on top is the perfect finishing touch.
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- paprika, for garnish
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Reduce the heat to low (or off) to ensure the water is no longer boiling or has bubbles and use a skimmer to place the eggs in the water. Then increase the heat back to high and set a timer for 14 minutes.
- While the eggs are boiling prepare an ice water bath and set them aside. After 14 minutes, remove the eggs from the water and place them in the ice water bath.
- Once the eggs have cooled completely, peel them and slice them in half lengthwise. Remove the yolk to a small bowl with a spoon and place the egg whites on a plate.
- Mash the yolks with a fork and add the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir everything together until it’s smooth.
- Use a spoon to add a portion of the deviled egg mixture back into the hole of each egg white. Sprinkle on paprika for garnish.