Sambalpur: Sambalpur district is under complete shutdown today after Covid cases spiked in the district recently. The restrictions will remain in force across the western Odisha district for 24 hours.
As per the order, the restrictions will be imposed on vehicular movements, non-essential services and business establishment activities.
Any person violating these measures will be liable to be proceeded against as per the provisions of Section 51 to 60 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, besides legal action under Section 188 of the IPC and other legal provisions as applicable.
During shutdown only following activities will be allowed in Sambalpur district on Sunday:
- All medical establishments including hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, medicine stores, movement of ambulance and all medical personnel.
- District/block and municipal administration/police/fire services
- Central and State government officials on emergency duty
- Telecom services
- Petrol pumps
- Print and Electronic media identified by district police
- Water supply, sanitation and sewerage workers
- Electricity supply and distribution
- Movement of goods and goods carriers whether loaded or unloaded
- Industrial establishments, factories and construction activities
- Agriculture, horticulture, fisheries, animal husbandry, veterinary services and allied activities including procurement at mandis
- Service sector industries including IT/ITeS, Hotel & Hospitality units, operation of hotels and hospitality units including their associated offices, movement of staff and associated personnel.
- Road transport on highways, road movement of transiting vehicles
- Marriages and funerals with permission of local authority
- Operation of bus station and their associated offices, movement of associated personnel and activities
- Home delivery of food, groceries, vegetables and essential items by restaurants
- Dhabas along National and State Highways/major roads to takeaway only
- Milk booths